In modern times, you need a quick fix solution for every problem with the utmost efficiency. In the recent past, either hammer was used or services of a carpenter were utilized for fixing a nail in the house. But now you can avoid this hassle by using the best framing nailer. If you are looking for a framing nailer which should not only meet your requirement but should be economical than you are at the right place.
Sometimes ago framing nailers was only used by carpenters. Now new technology has provided the opportunity to design a nailer for use of a layman. The framing nailers of several varieties are available on the market
You deserve the best one tool for use. Now the framing nailer has become an important household item and no one can avoid it. It is handy for fixing nails or some repair work in the house. At one hand good type of framing nailer for DIY users facilitates small scale repairs very easily in a short span of time while this tool for professionals increases efficiency at work site.
- Ergonomic Grip
- Affordable Price
- 7 years old warranty
- Battery Powered
- Dual speed mode
- Trigger lock
- Long battery life
- High power
- 5 year warranty
This is a digital era so everyone who intends to make purchases also conduct online searches for a variety of the products and make comparison with different brands as well as with their costs and features.
However, it is pointed out that the framing nailer is a product that has a variety of features and specifications so it may be rather difficult for a common man to choose the right type of best framing nailer. So keeping in view this we have prepared a list of top framing nailers.
List of Top Framing Nailers of 2020
|Metabo HPT NR90AES1||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Paslode 501000 F-350S||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
This Freeman pneumatic framing nailer is no doubt one of the best framing nailer with all the basic features at an affordable price. This product is ideal for both commercial as well as home DIY projects. Whether you are framing, subflooring, roof decking or fencing this product proves its usefulness.
This nailer weighs 8.5 lbs. The product can use nails from 20° to 22° but the manufacturer recommends the use of 21° nails for best results. Its magazine has the capacity of 55 nails and accommodates nails from 2 inches to 3.5 inches long. Moreover, the nails of any brand are compatible. It’s air-powered and functions with the pressure of 60 to 115 PSI.Construction:
Well, the construction of this product is impressive. Its die-cast body is made up of magnesium and aluminum makes it durable. It has a 360° adjustable exhaust that keeps air away from the face and No-mar flat tip that protects the work surface from dents.
This product has an ANTI-DRY fire system that will stop the nailer from firing if nails are low in quantity which prevents internal damage. This tool offers two modes i.e. Bump mode and Sequential mode, you can change mode by interchanging trigger.
The ERGonomic grip makes the nailer easy to handle and tool-less depth control increases its advantages further.
2- Bostitch F21PL
This round head framing nailer versatile tool is a product of well-reputed Bostitch Company. The product performs very well the jobs of framing, sheathing, and bracing jobs. This product is lightweight and easy to handle by professionals as well as layman. It weighs 4.17 pounds; it is durable and guaranteed with 7 years warranty. This framing nail gun operates with a pressure of 80 to 120 PSI.Features:
It is interesting that this products is that it can, not only be used for framing but also as a metal connector after a quick change of hose. This product comes up with an adjustable rafter hook. The hook allows the user to hang the tool on rafters or joists when not in use. Its magazine can hold up to 60 plastic collated 21° degree framing nails of 2.03 inches to 3.05 inches or 60 metal connector nails.
The tool-less jam control function is its additional benefit. Moreover, the depth control feature with one push-button makes this product superior to other such tools available in the market.
The magnesium construction makes this framing gun very lightweight. Its rubber grip keeps the tool well under the control of the user. It has not any Anti-dry fire system.It also has integrated pads which allows for its firm adjustment. The product is accompanied by a 7-year-old limited warranty.
3-Dewalt DCN692B-Battery Powered:
Dewalth DCN692B is a dual-speed cordless framing nailer that uses the power of the brushless motor to drive in nails from 2 inches to 3.5 inches. This nail gun weighs 8 pounds and has a magazine having capacity of 55 nails
This product is exceptional in terms of its power. Its dual speed option allows the user to drive the nails of different lengths quite easily and with complete accuracy. The 1st-speed option is for the nails of shorter length and 2nd for nails of longer length. These options can be selected with a push of a button. Moreover, its depth control feature also enhances the accuracy of nailing.
The Dewalt DCN692B comes up with two firing modes one is sequential and the other is bump mode. In sequential mode, the user has more control over the tool whereas bump mode is used to speed up work and helps to finish things quickly.
The prominent feature of this product is its power source. This Dewalt692B works with only one power source i.e. its 4 Ampere battery. So you need not worry about fuel cell or oil like other nailers. Moreover, the nailer does not require oil during its operation while in other tools of such type you have to fill them with oil.
This product has a special safety provision, the trigger lock to prevent accidental firing. It also has another important feature to clear the jamming through the nose cap.
4-Metabo HPT NR90AES1:
Hitachi that produced Hitachi Framing nailers which had excelled in modern technology was renamed as Metabo, has manufactured Metabo HPT NT90AES1 with next-generation industrial design. This product is not only lightweight but durable. Its improved head guard help disassemble the unit within no time. It uses plastic collated nails ranging from 2 to 3.5 inches at 21° degree.
The Metabo HPT NR90AES1 is made of magnesium and aluminum. The lighter metals used in its making has made it lighter. The over 7.5 lbs. of weight makes the user comfortable no matter he is raw hand or professional and even if he works along the day he doesn’t feel tired. The gun even facilitates the user to work easily in tighter positions.
It is shock absorber and unbreakable because of the material used in its making. It remains safe even if it drops from a considerable height.Features:
- The rubberized grip makes the user comfortable and gives more control. It prevents accidental slipping of the tool during use.
- The open design of the nose provides for easy clearing of nail jam. Its tool-less depth adjustment feature gives the user more command over the sinking of nails at the desired level in various materials.
- This product has a selective actuation switch which allows users to easily activate sequential or contact mode upon need.
- Its tool-less depth adjustment feature gives user command over the sinking of the nail at the desired level in various materials.
5-Paslode 905600-Power Full:
Here comes the Paslode 905600. Paslode reputable company produces one of the best framing nailers. You will exactly know how this is one the best after reading. It is a lightweight 7.2lbs heavy-duty framing nailer. Most of the heavy-duty products available in the market are heavier in weight but amazingly this product is lightweight.
This product has a 7.4-volt lithium-ion battery which takes 1.5 hours for full charging. It can shoot 9000 nails when fully charged. However, its 2-minute quick charge feature gives it precedence over other products. It allows the user to shoot up to 200 nails easily.
This product works with the combination of battery and Paslode framing fuel cell. It’s a high-performance nailer that can easily driver nails into harder wood.
Let’s talk about the temperature factor, it works easily at low temperature. This product uses nails of size from 2-3.25 inches. It has a depth control feature and a 5-year warranty too.
6-Bostitch MCN-150 -Strapshot:
Now a days homes are built stronger, under strict building codes. So the construction industry has also improved its efficiency to cater the requirements. The use of metal connectors has increased manifold in these situations because it helps strengthen weaker joints of building.
The Bostitch MCN-150 Strapshot metal connector nailer is a useful tool for all types of metal connecting jobs. Its exposed tip keeps the gun exactly in contact with the hole. It has an inbuilt safety system that halts operation of the gun if it’s exposed will not properly in contact with hole.
The Bostitch metal connector nailer drives the paper tap metal connector nails of 1-1.5 inch, at a degree of 35°, to make any type of metal connector plate more strong. Its magazine has a capacity of holding 29 nails.
Its important feature is its size. As it is lighter in comparison to other available tools in the market. The lightweight of 4.6 lbs. makes it handier for strenuous woodwork jobs. It can be used for long hours with a minimum of energy and without fatigue.
It’s very useful while working in tight corners as it allows the user to work as per his/her requirement. Its lockout provision at low level, prevent chances of jamming because it stops working when left with less than 5 nails. It has hardened steel wear guards for the protection of the tool. Its adjustable exhaust keeps air away from the user’s face.
The heavy-duty tools perform large scale jobs. This Paslode 501000 pneumatic nailer facilitates you to complete your job within the shortest possible time. This nailer is lightweight and can drive nails of 2-3.5 inches into the hardest of the woods. PASLODE 501000 machine is a reliable machine that every worksite should poses.Features:
- Paslode 50100 is a versatile tool and has multiple uses. You can use it not only for framing but also for sheathing, roof sheathing, and flooring, etc.
- It has a magazine of sufficient capacity that holds up to 84 nails. It comes up with two fire modes i.e. Sequential and Bump.
- The user watches closely the process of nailing because of its barrel shape design.
- The ergonomic design of the Paslode 501000 keeps the center of gravity close to the trigger which maintains optimal balance and the lowest level of recoil shock.
- It has a rafter hook so it can be hanged when not in use.
- It has a depth adjustment dial that drives the nail at the desired level.
- This product has a contact element that will firmly grip the wood during toe-nailing.
Our next product is framing nailer, Bostitch F28WW. An American company Bostitch produces this nailer. This nailer has high power and weighs 7.6 lbs. This tool is made of magnesium so is durable. Due to its high performance, it is mainly fit for industrial sites.Features:
- The capacity of its magazine really amazed me, which can hold up to 100 nails that minimized the need for reload. It uses 28 wire collated framing nails of size ranging from 2-3.5 inches.
- It has a factory-installed sequential trigger for doing work in normal time and Bostitch smart trigger for completing job quickly.
- The bump-fire feature ensures optimal control and faster performance. The trigger works for sequential as well as bump fire.
- This Bostitch F28WW has a patented push button that helps the user to drive the nails into the desired level. This feature saves a lot of time as we need not change the pressure.
- This framing nailer has an adjustable rafter hook for hanging the tool when not in use. It also has an adjustable exhaust that keeps air away from the user’s face.
- The 16-inch layout indicator on the edge of the magazine helps achieve the correct distance between studs in a matter of seconds.
9-Numax SFR2190-Budget Friendly:
Numax SFR2190 is a budget-friendly tool that is in the easy access of low-income groups. This is a multipurpose tool and has many uses like framing, roof decking, wood fencing, and sheathing. It is made up of magnesium that increases its durability.Features:
- The nail gun comes with two triggers one fitted with the tool for a sequential fire while the other red one is for bump fire. However sequential fire trigger suits the beginner.
- The Numax SFR2190 has a capacity of holding up to 55 nails in the magazine. It shoots nails of 2-3.5 inches size at 21 degrees.
- The ergonomic grip makes its holding very easy and at the same time, it reduces fatigue of the work.
- It has 360-degree adjustable air exhaust that keeps air away from the user’s face.
- This product has a tool-less depth adjustment feature with the help of this we can adjust the depth of nails easily.
Let’s have a look at the safety feature of this product. This product has an Anti-Dry Fire mechanism that prevents internal damage and halts the operation of nailer when it has fewer nails left in the magazine. Moreover, it’s No-Mar tip protects the surface from dents.
This Bostitch LPF21PL has been designed to cater for small scale work in tight spaces where other tools could not produce positive results. Its low profile design has not compromised efficiency and work power.Features:
- It has two interchangeable triggers which allow the user to select between single drive or multi-drive mode with a push of the switch.
- Its tool-free depth feature helps exact sinking of nails.
- Its internal air filter does not allow harmful substances to move into the engine.
- The over-molded grip of the tool makes it easy to handle.
- Moreover, the rafter hook of this product provides for the hanging of the tool when not in use.
The purchase of a nailer is a long term investment and as it costs a handsome amount. One must have a clear idea about one’s requirement for the tool. Generally in the market, two types of machines are available one for professionals and others for DIY users. We have prepared a comprehensive guide so that a buyer may purchase the right type of tool. Following is the list of specifications that every purchaser should know before buying the tool.
- Pneumatic: The pneumatic framing nailer uses air as a source of power. Its source of power i.e. air, provided by the compressor.
- Cordless: Cordless framing nailers don’t require an air compressor. These type of framing nailers uses either battery or fuel cell. Its handling is easy as it has no attached wire.
The lighter weight nail gun is easy to use so weight is the important factor for buying the best framing nailer. Because it is difficult to handle if it is too heavy.
- Capacity: Higher the capacity of the magazine the lesser the need to reload. Sometimes it is very difficult to reload gun because it interrupts the work and lowers down the efficiency.
- Angle: There are four types of framing nailer with respect to angles and a 21° degree framing nailer is very common. This framing nailer uses full head nails and holds them together with plastic strips. While a 28° degree nailer holds the nails together with wires and has higher magazine capacity. The 30°-34° degree nailer is lightweight and holds nails together with paper.
- Type: There are two common types of magazine one is coil magazine and the other is stick magazine. Coil magazine’s capacity is higher than stick magazine.
Depth adjustment is an important feature of framing nailer that gives the user a choice to sink the nails into the lumber at the desired level. The user need not change pressure during operation as it has already been adjusted.
The anti-dry fire mechanism halts the operation of the nailer when few nails remain in the magazine. This is a very useful feature because sometimes dry fire causes internal damage.
The No-mar tip helps to finish the work with professional skills. It also saves the surface from dents and scratches.
While working among the rafters in the roof the placing of tool safely is a matter of concern so the hook on the tool facilitates hanging up the tool when it is not in use.
It is the point from where the air of tool exits. Framing nailers must have adjustable air exhaust to prevent air from blowing into the face of the user. Because the air blow will disturb the user and he would not concentrate on the job. So the adjustable exhaust is always necessary for framing nailers.
The continuity is important for the satisfactory completion of a job. For smooth working one should eliminate the element of disruption caused by any factor. Jam clearance is one feature that prevents abrupt disruption of a job due to jamming of the machine. So it is a vital part of the smooth performance of a job without any hindrance.
Some commonly asked questions are explained below: